If you are like most people you throw these small little white packets that comes in the box with your new shoes. Don't!!! These annoying pacets are useful household helpers - just make sure you keep them out of the reach of children and pets. They are designed to absorb moisture, and have a number of great ways to be useful:
- Save your electronic equitment from damage. Water can damage electronic equitment. Put them in a Ziploc bag with silica gel packets to dry out moisture.
- Keep photos safe and free from moisture. Put your photos in a cabinet or box and add some silica gel packets to keep them dry.
- Protect your important documents by adding a few pasckets of silica gel pacets in the desk, cabinet, box, envelope or where ever the documents are stored.
- Are you storing tings in containers in your basement, attic or garage? Add silica gel packets to keep the items dry and safe from mold.
- Do you have old books or shoes with a musty smell? Put them in a bag with several silica gel packs and the smell is gone. A great tips is to add a packet or two in your shoes when you put them away for the season. Then you are garanteed dry and odorless shoes.
- Put hearing aids and some packets in a box or Ziploc bag when they get sweat in them or if they get wet.
- Put a bag or two in a tupperware box where you keep your cheese and you'll get no more mold.
- Put them in containers with seeds to keep the seeds dry and from getting mold on them.
- Use them to dry flowers. Just pour out the granula in a container and add the flowers to dry. The color of the flower will not fade that mutch either.
- Do you have a problem with moisture in the windows? Add a few packets to dry up the humidity.
- Add a few packets in a Ziploc bag with your silver to prevent tarnish.
- When the packets have absorbed moisture and quit working, you can regenerate them. You can either put them in the sun to dry, or you can put them in a 200 degree oven for two hours. Store them in an airtight Ziploc bag.
If you have any other ideas about how or where to use these packets, please leave a comment and lett us know?