onsdag 11. juni 2014

These five things we regret just before we die - an eye-opener

Bonnie Ware has a great blogg where you can find inspirational posts like this. For many years she has worked as a nurse and palliative treatment of patients, a treatment that rather focuses on reducing the ptoms than a cure. Ware work specifically with patients who had between three and twelve weeks to live.

When asked if there was anythingthey regretted, these five things were mentioned againg and againg.

Dying people

1. I wish I had more courage to live the life I would more than the life other expected of me.

"This is the strongest regret. When it dawns on people that their life is almost over, they look back on life with clear eyes and see how many dreams that never came true. It is therefore important to try to live out some dreams they have in their lives, "writes Ware.
2. I wish I did not work so hard


"This came from many male patients. Many miss the children's upbringing and partner companies. Although I also heard this often from female patients, it came most often from men who deeply regretted spending so much time of their lives on social treadmill. "
3. I wish I was better at express my feelings.
"Many suppress their feelings in order to keep peace with others. As a result, there are many who accept a mediocre life and never live out their full potential. (...) We can not control the reactions of others. But despite the fact that many may react with anger, they will accept that you are honest with your feelings, which can raise their relationship to a new level "mean Ware.
4. I wish I stayed in contact with my friends.
"(...) Many people are so busy with their own lives that they often leave great friendships disappear over the years. Many of my patients often expressed regret at not having given friendship the time and effort they deserved. All miss good friends when they are dying "says the nurse.
5. I  wish I allowed myself to be happier.


"This is surprising. Many do not realize until they are dying that happiness is a choice. They had remained in old patterns and habits. Their fear of change did they deceived themselves and others that they were happy. Basically wanted the dog to be able to laugh properly or be childish. (...) Life is a choice. It's your life. Take conscious, wise and honest elections. Choose Happiness "concludes






Want more like this? 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hits


Bloggurat