onsdag 5. mars 2014

I am going to learn how to tat!!!

Today I have discovered a handcraft that I didn't know existed: tatting.

Tatting is a technique for handcrafting a lace constructed by a series of knots and loops. Tatting can be used to make lace edging as well as doilies, collars, earrings and other decorative pieces. The lace is formed by a pattern of rings and chains formed from a series of knots. Gaps can be left between the stitches to form picots, which are used for practical construction as well as decorative effect.

I just love to live in the age of information technology. To learn this craft all I (and you) have to do is head for YouTube to learn how-to:

Instructions on how to tatt owl-earring from start to end:



And a quick search on google gave those inspirational pictures:















Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hits


Bloggurat